3D printable mount for the Simulator

R Muse

Jan 22, 2017, 8:09:55 PM1/22/17
to MFM Discuss
I have posted 2 3D Printable mounts for the MFM simulator on tinkercad.com.  One has a faceplate and one does not.  The simulator fits on the mount and is secured with 4 #4x3/8 screws.  There are holes on the side that match the mounting holes for a standard 5 1/4 half height hard drive.  Both the USB and RJ45 connections are accessible in the faceplate.

I have only been successful printing them using PLA.  I can't get ABS to stick to the plate well enough.

Open www.tinkercad.com and put ST506 in the search bar.

Richard
Selection_084.jpg

R Muse

Jan 23, 2017, 10:48:01 AM1/23/17
to MFM Discuss
Direct links to the mounts.

With Faceplate

Without Faceplate

Matthew Bergeron

Nov 29, 2017, 7:55:34 PM11/29/17
to MFM Discuss
Richard I don't have a 3D printer.. Any chance you can print a non faceplate for me and I'll pay you?

Thanks,
Matt Bergeron

Gary Kaufman

Jun 6, 2018, 1:02:43 PM6/6/18
to MFM Discuss
Richard -

Thanks for making your printable mounts public, they are very nicely done!

Worth noting that the mount with the faceplate matches the connectors on the beaglebone green (but is not correct for the beaglebone black).

- Gary

Steven Hirsch

Oct 1, 2018, 10:55:36 AM10/1/18
to MFM Discuss
Would love to have a few of these, but no 3d printer on hand.  Is anyone willing to fabricate (4) of them for me?

David Gesswein

Oct 1, 2018, 10:16:22 PM10/1/18
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 07:55:35AM -0700, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> Would love to have a few of these, but no 3d printer on hand. Is anyone
> willing to fabricate (4) of them for me?

Did you check the price through the tinkercad site? I was curious when it
was originally posted but not enough to create an account to see the price.
There are other sites that will make them for a fee. I haven't used any to
give recommendations or to know how expensive.

Gary Kaufman

Oct 1, 2018, 11:49:12 PM10/1/18
to MFM Discuss
I uploaded the faceplate version to Shapeways, $56 - $76 in various plastic filaments!

I don't mind printing a few for folks at a much lower cost or in trade.

I have two of the faceplate versions in black I printed previously which while not perfect (the lower edge is a bit curled up in one of them) are perfectly usable.  Free for the cost of postage.

The no-faceplate version prints quickly, the faceplate version takes a bit longer.

I have a few colors of PLA here, although I suspect most folks would prefer black.

Feel free to contact me privately.

- Gary