MFM Emulator ready bit

Jay Cotton

Jun 27, 2022, 9:35:53 PM6/27/22
to MFM Discuss
Hi:

Trying to debug my emulator to cromemco STDC connection and I am have some
trouble.

The STDC controller is reporting that the drive is not ready.  This seems to be
related to the Ready bit  (pin 22) on the cable.  It is high all the time.

What steps should I take to ensure that the ready bit is on.

I have been following these instructions
which seem detailed and simple.  But there is at least on bug in them,
the STDC has a microcode loader that must be run before attempting
to access the drive.  This has been added to the process but still no
joy.

tnx
jc

David Gesswein

Jun 28, 2022, 8:32:16 AM6/28/22
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
The read line goes low when the drive is selected. Assuming your using
--drive 1 P7 sets what drive select its monitoring.