Uploaded new Uniflex 2.0 mfm image

Adam Billyard

Nov 12, 2023, 5:10:54 AM11/12/23
to MFM Discuss
David,

I have uploaded a new, all working image to your website.

Since I was last on here, I've implemented and included in the image source+binaries for:
- dhcp client
- telnetd
- ifdump  (reverse engineered the network params)
- window manager
- ported uemacs
- whereis & tee
- binary patched 'ls' to work on a pseudo-terminal

Someone in the past mentioned bitsavers.  Is there a link to upload rather than browse?

Adam

Al Kossow

Nov 12, 2023, 10:24:36 AM11/12/23
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
On 11/12/23 2:10 AM, 'Adam Billyard' via MFM Discuss wrote:

> Someone in the past mentioned bitsavers.  Is there a link to upload rather than browse?

I can pick it up from wherever you uploaded it if you send the URL
It doesn't appear to be on your github project

Adam Billyard

Nov 12, 2023, 10:30:26 AM11/12/23
to MFM Discuss
Guess I _could_ put it in github - large binaries doesn't seem right in github though.

Here is a link to google docs:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FObAfntwX1GDR4ADQwcOgYHkkg0G3WAj/view?usp=sharing

David Gesswein

Nov 13, 2023, 9:00:53 AM11/13/23
to 'Adam Billyard' via MFM Discuss
Image updated on status page.

nosn...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2023, 3:14:37 AM12/27/23
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com

Guys,

              I downloaded the emu file of the Tektronix 4400 UniFLEX image and used the MFM Emulator board to convert it to an extracted file. I did some analysis on it and discovered that if I made the file size match the geometry of the original disk specified in the System Information Record by trimming the end of the file, my Floppy Maintenance program can recognized the image as a valid UniFLEX image. I have attached the trimmed image as an image that should be usable for any Tektronix 4400 emulator. And here is a screen shot of FloppyMaintenance with the file loaded:

              This for me is VERY exciting. I would be even more excited if I could find and image that would run on my CDS68020 aka PT68K-5).

Michael Evenson

http://www.swtpcemu.com/swtpc/Downloads.htm

http://www.flexusergroup.com:8080     <- http link to the sftp site

image001.jpg