2020-08-06 Webinar Recording (Getting access to SW using Virtual Machines)

mark....@design4x.com

Aug 6, 2020, 7:05:53 PM8/6/20
to Mfg Educators Online Resources
The 8/6/20 Zoom webinar discussing Online Resources for skilled trades teachers is now available.
1) Update on the work on getting access to CAD software via virtual machines (AWS and NetLab).

2) We also talked about other options such as remote desktop's, CAD software that is browser-based.

For remote desktop applications we had a great presentation from Splashtop on implementing them for your school computers. We had an IT rep at the meeting and they were impressed by the security procedures of splash top and felt like based on the presentation they could implement it.

Cost estimates:
 - $100 per computer for 25 computers (includes up to 250 users).
 - $80 per computer for 100 computers (1000 users)

Plus their educational discount so it will be less than that.

For more details watch the splash top presentation which begins about 35 minutes into the video.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Martin

Aug 7, 2020, 2:32:41 PM8/7/20
to Mfg Educators Online Resources
Splashtop contact:
Claire Marinucci, Customer Success Team

cla...@splashtop.com

SURVEY to request access to virtual machines