No RichText editor for staff users

Barney Delmore

Jun 26, 2021, 8:34:53 PM6/26/21
to Mezzanine Users

Hi,
I am trying to provide a rich text editor in a form that is displayed on the front-end for staff users. So a field on one of my models instantiates
mezzanine.core.fields.RichTextField
Now when I visit the form I can see the TinyMCE widget and the markup is saved correctly upon form submission.

However, I am visiting the page on the frontend as an admin user.
When staff users who are not automatically granted all permissions visit the same page they see a regular textarea with no rich text editing widget.

Incidentally, I have inserted {{ form.media }} into the <head></head> of my template. I see no difference for admin or staff users.
Also, modifying RICHTEXT_FILTER_LEVEL from the default of 1 to the most permissive level of 3 does not make a difference.

Why can admin users see the widget while staff users cannot. If this is a permissions issue, what permission is necessary for the rich text editing widget to be rendered.

Thanks