Weird alerts in demo blogposts

Αντώνης Καρβελάς

May 27, 2020, 9:17:33 AM5/27/20
to Mezzanine Users
I get weird alerts in the demo blogposts section: http://mezzanine.jupo.org/en/admin/blog/blogpost/
I wonder if someone tried to implant XSS...

Stephen McDonald

May 27, 2020, 5:50:51 PM5/27/20
to Mezzanine Users
Thanks for pointing this out. It was an old XSS bug that was fixed and released around a year ago (see: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mezzanine-users/BGGeI1Ncjuo) but had not been applied to the demo site, which I've done now.

Just a reminder - if you believe you have come across a potential security issue, please use the private email address core...@mezzaninecms.com to report the issue, as noted in the readme. That gives a chance to resolve the issue and get it released to the private security group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mezzanine-security) and rolled out to public sites before being made public.