Redirects

Ama Bat

Apr 17, 2020, 1:32:00 PM4/17/20
to Mezzanine Users
Hello,
I've never used Mezzanine before and I need help with 301 redirects.
I have an old domain (5 pages, 40 blog posts) and I want to permanently redirect to a new domain. How can I do that? There is an option "Redirects" in the admin panel but there is no description explaining what kind of redirection is this.
Could anyone help me with this quest? It's extremely important for me because I don't want to lose all the SEO values (top position on google for some keywords). I would really appreciate for help and if necessary I can pay a small amount of money.

Thank you in advance
Ama

Jhon Edison Bueno Martínez

Apr 18, 2020, 1:04:17 AM4/18/20
to Mezzanine Users
In wich CMS have your old website? I just did same thing with a blog I had in Wordpress to Mezzanine and It has more than 1000 posts.

You can do a redirect using .htaccess if your previous site was on Apache:

This is the code for redirection in Apache in your file .htaccess:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^olddomain.com$ [OR]
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.olddomain.com$
  RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

If you are using Nginx, this guide could help you:

Let me know if this worked for you.