Myersville Plan

1 view

Richard Olin

Feb 17, 2009, 8:54:03 PM2/17/09
to Suecol...@aol.com, meyersv...@gmail.com, meyer...@googlegroups.com
Sue & Cecilia,

I went to the town meeting and suggested that they should include a plan for traffic, signage, better access, etc. to a new survey.

Some suggestions would include enlarge the circle to be a circle so there is no misunderstanding about where traffic flows when travelling east on Myersville Rd.  Better traffic signage would also help.

Sidewalks, plantings and curbs and "old town Lighting" would help the appearence of the area.

Another idea is to allow for outdoor "cafe and table side service" to entice some new business into this area to compliment the Inn and Mexican Restaurant.

A sidewalk linking the Myersville circle and park would be a benefit.

I also suggested that Hickory Tavern Rd. be included in the plan - as the top of this road is unsafe due to a limited sight view, curve and narrowing of the roadway.  It should be widened and have a lower traffic speed with a curb.

We should not allow any strip mall type construction at the circle or it will turn into another Gillette/Stirling type atmosphere in the future.  With a nice village atmosphere of a few stores, cafe's and restaurants; it would benefit the area and owners and may even increase our property values if we could walk to a cafe and have a "village or hamlet of value".
Richard S. Olin
908-626-0129