Fw: April 11, 2012 Township Committee Agenda

richard

Apr 10, 2012, 2:37:57 PM4/10/12
to meyer...@googlegroups.com

Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:35 AM
To: richard
Subject: RE: April 11, 2012 Township Committee Agenda

Rich,

As requested please see attached draft Meyersville Ordinance.

Thank you,

Christine

Christine Gatti, RMC, CMR

Township of Long Hill

Township Clerk / Registrar

(908) 647-8000 ext. 215

Apr 10, 2012, 8:04:59 PM4/10/12
to richard, meyer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard, ant thanks for   top of this. Changing the setbacks is the biggest problem for me- esp the maximum setback of 10 feet they are proposing.... NO NO NO!

Do you think we can get a crowd out there? How many are paying attention?

Thanks,
Deborah

Apr 10, 2012, 8:27:14 PM4/10/12
to debo...@comcast.net, richard, meyer...@googlegroups.com
I just picked this up are they discussing it now?

Sent from my iPhone

Cecilia Cilli

Apr 10, 2012, 8:28:52 PM4/10/12
to debo...@comcast.net, richard, meyer...@googlegroups.com
They are taking about residential on Valley Rd. Does Gerry need support now?

Sent from my iPhone

debo...@comcast.net

Apr 21, 2012, 1:04:18 PM4/21/12
to richard, meyer...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends and neighbors,

I attended the April 11, Twp Committee Meeting. At that time, the Committee decided to put off discussion of the proposed rezoning to create the M-H (Meyersville Hamlet) district until this coming Wednesday, and stated that notices would be sent to residents within 200 feet of the proposed changes. I hope many of you have received this notice and that you are planning on attending this Wednesday's meeting to discuss the proposed changes.

The most significant change, in my perspective, would be to change setbacks in the center of Meyersville. Currently the setback requirement is a  minimum of 50 feet. I believe that this single requirement is what has kept redevelopment to a minimum. The NEW ordinance will read that the minimum setback will be 10 feet, and they are choosing to create a maximum setback of 25 feet. This means that any development or re-development will be much closer to the road than currently permitted. The center of Meyersville will close in on the sides of the road from all directions, narrowing to the circle. The developer's plan I saw a few years ago depicts about a dozen businesses on the first floor, with a few dozen residences above. This would greatly increase the number of cars in and around our circle.

Please consider these changes and come to the meeting. The Agenda for this meeting is not on the website yet. Please watch http://www.longhillnj.us/content/104/144/default.aspx for the agenda to appear.

Here we go again.... we must stay awake!

Deborah Schmitt