"Canada's Prime Minister Trudeau recalls President Reagan TALKING *CRAZY* at the 1981 Quebec Montebello Summit," says É(eh)PC President/Party Leader

kennet...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2015, 7:56:47 PM6/3/15
PRELUDE
=======
"... I was respected as a straight-shooting guy who told the truth
as he saw it ..." (MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 197)

President Ronald Reagan TALKING *CRAZY*
=======================================
"Through the early 1980s ..., the Cold War had been steadily
going into its darkest days ... . President Ronald Reagan was
a great storyteller ... . But his outlook was dominated ... by
what I can only call an obsession with communism. ... I remember,
for instance, his first meeting with French president François
Mitterrand at the Economic Summit that I chaired at Montebello
in 1981. ... We were debating East-West issues and Mitterand
was advocating some measures to improve relations with the
Soviet Union. At that moment, Reagan launched into one of
his anecdotes about his time as president of Actors Equity
in Hollywood in the 1940s. His story concerned a priest who
had allegedly been trained in Moscow as an agent of the KGB
in order to spread discord among the actors in the union.
After the meeting, Mitterand came to me and said, 'What
planet is that man living on? Does he really believe that
the Soviets would bring an American priest to Moscow in
order to send him back to be a spokesman for Actors Equity?' "
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, pages 329, 332)

"the Gorbachev revolution" (MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 352)
==========================
"Mikhail Gorbachev came to power in Moscow just after I left
office, and I watched with admiration as almost singlehandedly
he began to defuse tensions and put an end to the Cold War. It
took a lot of courage, and rendering that service to humanity
caused a lot of pain to his country, pain that the West in
general was slow to recognize."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 350)

"I was in Britain and France in the 1950s, and even then they
still maintained some controls. So we capitalist nations realized
in our own cases that you could only decontrol a tightly managed
economy very slowly. And yet here we were sending all kinds of
zealous Thatcherite and Reaganite advisers to tell the Soviet
Union that there was no option but converting instantly to a
free market system: ... And of course that created economic
as well as political chaos.
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 352)

Mr. Gorbachev, THE MAN OF "GLASNOST" (гла́сность), THE MAN OF
"PERESTROIKA" (перестро́йка), was THE MAN that ENDED THE COLD
WAR and DRAMATICALLY REDUCED THE THREAT OF NUCLEAR WARFARE
which "essentially" was what what the Cold War was all about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasnost
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perestroika

Mr. Gorbachev was THE MAN of the 20th CENTURY who *SAVED* THE
WORLD from THE PROSPECT OF NUCLEAR WARFARE.

WE in Canada *KNEW* Mr. Gorbachev was THE *KEY* to ending THE
COLD WAR.

WE "defrosted" THE COLD WAR in Canada.

*I* was INSTRUMENTAL in "defrosting" THE COLD WAR in Canada.

THANK YOU, Mr. Gorbachev.

слава россия!

спасибо.

FOOTNOTE: what has not been said about THE GORBACHEV
REVOLUTION is that it TRANSFORMED Russia
into THE *MOST* CHRISTIAN NATION.

Re: THE *CANADO-AMERICAN* RELATIONSHIP
======================================
THE ONLY ADVICE that Pierre Elliott Trudeau gave to Mulroney
was this: "don't be subservient to the American government ... ."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 358)

He goes on to say: "And I think, as it turned out, Mulroney
did choose to move Canada-U.S. relations in directions that
generally are too subservient to the will of the American
Government of the day."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 360)

Canada's *THOUGHTLESS* SUBSERVIENCE to the USA demonstrated
by THE BLIND ACCEPTANCE of U.S. LEADERSHIP of NATO+THE *FULL*
ADOPTION OF U.S. HOMELAND SECURITY MEASURES "to the letter"
in Canada *WITHOUT* PUBLIC DISCUSSION, *WITHOUT* PUBLIC AUTHO-
RIZATION given that it's SO INVASIVE+SO EXTENSIVE+SO EXCESSIVE+
SO EXPENSIVE when it's *NOT* AT ALL NECESSARY making it A *MONU-
MENTAL* WASTE OF BILLIONS+BILLIONS+BILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS spent
simply to please UNCLE SAM. HOW *TWISTED* is that?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/subservience

SO, *WHERE* is CANADA'S PLACE in the world TODAY?

With Harper, RIGHT *UNDER* THE BOOT OF UNCLE SAM - right where
the USA wants us to be.

With the É(eh)PC Canadiana Law (See http://eh-ok.ca/egalite.htm#Canadiana_Law),
Canada will give UNCLE SAM THE BOOT!

MOREOVER, the É(eh)PC predicts as the RUSSIAN *RUBLE*
STRENGTHENS while the EURO DROPS in value due largely
to THE FOOLISH WILLINGNESS of *ZOMBIE* NATO countries
to *WANTONLY* follow the USA into battle "anywhere"
AT A *TREMENDOUS* COST TO THEIR TAXPAYERS, the Euro-
peans will be FORCED TO *SWITCH* to the RUSSIAN *RUBLE*
to eventually becomes part of A *PROSPEROUS* RUSSIAN
COMMONWEALTH OF NATIONS - such are THE VAGARIES OF
WORLD POLITICS.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/zombie
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wantonly
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vagaries

THE DANGER OF Nuclear Warfare
=============================
"The danger of tensions somehow slipping out of control
and escalating into nuclear war seemed increasingly real."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 332)

"I had written abut the mindless horror of nuclear war
in 'Cité Libre' in the 1950s and 1960s. I had demonstrated
against nuclear war as a student and as a teacher. Many
years later, I would visit the devastation of Hiroshima."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 332)

"When I became prime minister in 1968, Canada had nuclear
weapons under a ... arrangement with the United States ... .
One of my aims as prime minister was to get rid of these
weapons. It took a while, but by the time I left office
in 1984, Canada once again had an entirely nuclear-free
military." (MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 333)

" ... we are ... the first nuclear-armed country to have
chosen to divest itself of nuclear weapons."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 333)

Trudeau's Peace Initiative
==========================
"I was for peace before I entered politics and I'm not
going to wait until I'm out before speaking out and
trying to get things changed."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, pages 335, 336)

"I went ahead and announced my peace initiative at the
University of Guelph on October 27 (1983)."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 336)

"... the peace of the world is based on stability."
(MEMOIRS: Pierre Elliott Trudeau, page 352)

Dante Alighieri is to Italy,
what Mikhail Gorbachev is to Russia,
what Pierre Elliott Trudeau is to Canada.

Kenneth Selin (say'leen)
~~~
B.A.(Psychology), B.A.(Spanish), B.Admin.,
B.Comm.(Honours), B.A.(Italian) "magna cum laude"
~~~
É(eh)PC
President/Party Leader
~~~