Mew Mew's Yarn Shop Mewsletter

Mew Mews Yarn Shop

Nov 9, 2016, 6:34:25 PM11/9/16
to mewmews...@googlegroups.com, s...@mewmewsyarnshop.com
Mew Mew's Yarn Shop Mewsletter 11/9/16

2770 Dagny Way
Unit 108
Atlas Valley Shopping Center
95th & Arapaho
Lafayette, Co 80026

Hours:
Tues - Sat 10 - 6
closed Sundays and Mondays for cat nap
PH. 303-665-5591
www.mewmewsyarnshop.com

Announcing****MJ Yarns Dye Workshop:

Spend 3 hours with MJ Yarns owner and designer Jonathan Berner dyeing
your own fabulous yarn! You'll learn about color theory and the basics
of dyeing protein fibers. Each participant will get to dye 2 skeins of
MJ's Simple Sock their most popular base and they're yours to keep after
the class! Once all the dyeing is done, you'll have the rare opportunity
to shop MJ's Trunk Show Stash: literally hundreds of skeins of gorgeous
color in all of their luscious bases!

Sunday December 11 1 - 4 p.m.
$60
space is limited. Phone Mew Mew's to register: 303-665-5591

If you'd love to take this class but can't do Dec 11 we are taking names
for possibly another class. Call us and let us know.

A La Carte Classes :

All/any level knitter or crocheter
Get expert help on any project: socks,color-work, lace, finishing,
stitch patterns, reading patterns, sweaters, shawls..or learn to knit or
crochet! Get project ideas or bring your own ideas! 10% off class
supplies when you are registered for class.

Wed, Thurs, or Friday mornings 10 - 12 or evenings 6 - 8 $64 for 3
classes....call to sign up..303-665-5591
Free Form Knitting/crocheting with Julie Next class: Monday Dec
12,19,26 10 - 12 $64 Use up your stash without using a pattern!

***************************

Starting in January:

Block A Month Class

We'll use the booklet BUILDING BLOCKS to knit a block a month through
the year. In the optional 13th class we'll sew it all together.
This is a fantastic oportunity to build upon your knitting skills and
have an afghan sampler to show for it!
skills to learn:
reading charts
bobbles
decreases
increases
cables
right twist
mock cable
slip stitch
left twist
lace

Class will meet 10 - 11:30 on the last Saturday of each month.

Sign up for 6 months at a time $90 Please see sample in shop!

phone shop to sign up: 303-665-5591

Let's Start an Elizabeth Zimmermann's club and knit through KNITTER'S
ALMANAC!!!!! For 2017!!!

Elizabeth Zimmermann is considered the mother of modern knitting. Many
of our techniques used today were "unvented" by Elizabeth, but many new
knitters haven't heard of her.

I've always wanted to work through this book of projects but fell short.
Let's commit to meet once a month to share our monthly project and
encourage and help each other!

You will need the book: ELIZABETH ZIMMERMANN'S KNITTER'S ALMANAC
either the old paperback version or the new hardcover version. (place
your order for either book at Mew Mew's)

We'll meet the 1st Saturday of each month starting January 7th! 10 -
11:30

Club is free, but please register! Discounts for yarn and needles during
club time for those registered.

You don't have to feel bad if you need to skip certain months!

P.S. Please consider taking this on this year! See the book and projects
at the shop. Many months include smaller projects like a hat, or
fiddle-faddle ornaments. Or, items could be down-sized to knit for an
American Girl Doll.

Since the club will only meet once a month , it will be most fun for
those that are self-directed learners, have knitting experience ,and
seek a challenge.

Here's a sample:

January starts with an Aran sweater
February: baby sweater, cap, leggings, and blanket
March:Chainmail sweater
April: mystery blanket
May: mittens for next winter (or this winter maybe)
June: 3 Hats

Come see the selection of smaller project ideas ideal for quick gifts!
Free patterns with yarn purchase!
*******************

During December we hold our annual Holiday Sale of hand knit and hand
crocheted items. You are invited to offer your creations for sale and
receive 80% of the sale price. Mew Mew's will take care of all the sales
tax. Items must contain yarn purchased from Mew Mew's Yarn Shop.
Smallish items sell best: mittens, ornaments, scarves,socks,hats.
Please bring in your items to sell anytime Dec 1 through Dec 23.
Bring in all items with attached tag that includes: price,your name,
washing/size/fiber content and any other info.

Running short of time? Remember to shop Mew Mew's for hand made gifts
during December!

Please remember to put Mew Mew's gift certificates on your wish list
this year!!!

Yes, we still do repairs, custom knitting and crochet, finishing.
Private classes too!

No snow yet, but get ready....be prepared and stock up on wool!!

Thanks for supporting your local ,friendly, cozy yarn shop!!
sue and Mew Mew