Mew Mew's Yarn Shop Newsletter

Mew Mews Yarn Shop

May 19, 2016, 2:25:03 PM5/19/16
to mewmews...@googlegroups.com, s...@mewmewsyarnshop.com
Mew Mew's Yarn Shop Mewsletter
May 19, 2016
2770 Dagny Way
Unit 108
Lafayette, Co 80026
Atlas Valley Shopping Center
95th & Arapahoe
Lafayette
303-665-5591

Hours:
Tues - Sat 10 6
closed Sun and Mon.

News is first...chit chat is toward the bottom.

**please take note****
Special Summer Hours : June 1 - July 16 Tues - Fri 12 - 6, Sat 10 - 4

Shorter summer hours because Sue will be in Spain hiking the Camino
You'll find Jill, Colette, and Julie excited to help you with all your
knitting and crocheting, and needle felting needs.
************************888

New summer yarns have arrived:

K1C2 2nd Time Cotton: natural colors in worsted wt. that re-purposes new
textile waste from apparel industry. A great idea!

New colors of Kraemer Yarn's Tatamy Tweed Worsted

New Tahki Summer Yarns: Aruba, Ripple, Monet, Laguna all worsted or
heavy worsted cotton and cotton blends

Stacy Charles: Nina: linen/cotton, Flora: Cotton with sequins

Plymouth: Linen concerto D.K. wt. rayon/linen/cotton

The New Tahki summer pattern booklet "Chelsea" is here along with sample
garment.

Mew Mew's also stocks Rowan Creative Linen 50 linen/50 cotton isn't that
fair?

**Special show in the shop while the boss is away!!!!!!***

Free Form Expose
courtesy Julie's free-form students from class and club. These
garments will be on display in June and July. Don't miss it.....unique
pieces from various artist...Julie's Free Form Summer class begins June
13. Mondays 10 - 12 $64 3 weeks
Other dates: June 8,15,22 Wed. 10 - 12

July A La Carte Classes:
Wed. July 20,27, Aug 3 10 - 12 or 6 - 8

Thursdays July 21,28, Aug 4 10 - 12 or 6 - 8

Fridays July 22,29, Aug 5 10 - 12 or ask about evenings?

********************Remember***********************
Charity Knits will meet Tues.June 14 12 - 2 instead of 10 - 12 because
the shop won't open until 12 that day!

Same goes for Tues. July 12!!! Welcome all...bring needles and/or hks.
we have yarn and patterns. We knit and crochet baby/kid items for
Clinica Campesina in Lafayette!
Free knit/crochet chat get together every Tuesday 12 - 4 ish in the
shop.
Everyone is welcome!!!!
Afghan class will skip June 25th because Sue won't be here.
****************
2016 Yarn Along The Rockies Yarn Crawl will happen Sat Aug. 20
-Sun.Aug . 28 20 shops, Grand prizes, Specials at each shop, Free
pattern by each shop, prize baskets in every shop! check it out at
WWW.YARNALONGTHEROCKIES

NOw for the chit chat stuff:

Will it finally be summer?...you need to knit socks for
people...portable and useful...so many great colors in now! Mew Mew will
be needing 4, and she is partial to grey tones.
Speaking of socks....always my choice for travel knitting project using
Magic Loop method. Lt wt.....no risk of loosing or breaking a d.p. in
the seat cushion. Small yarn and needles make for more knitting/value
time!
*******************
Thank you and meow meow to all my customers who help Mew Mew's Yarn Shop
survive and celebrate 10 years in the biz!!!!!!!!!!
*******
While Sue is away, there's no telling what will be on the 20% off table.
It's always less hectic in the summer , so stop in for a chat...it's
alway cool in the shop...in fact sometimes we have to go outside to warm
up in the summer!
*****************
Bird nest update: Every year for the past 7 years robins have raised
babies in the nest right outside our front door of the shop.
This year there is a surprise....Another variety has taken residence and
updated the nest fixture! The bird is black and white with a black
throat and neck. Every time I try to take her picture she takes off.
But this nest looks like the spiky kind of nest I would build, not neat
like the robin's. The Attachment is a picture of the nest, but I
couldn't get a good picture.
Have a great early summer.....
sue sue and mew mew

nest