Mew Mew's Yarn Shop Mewsletter

Mew Mews Yarn Shop

Sep 14, 2017, 2:37:49 PM9/14/17
to mewmews...@googlegroups.com, s...@mewmewsyarnshop.com
Mew Mew's Yarn Shop Mewsletter  September 2017
2770 Dagny Way
Unit 108
Atlas Valley Shopping Center
95th & Arapaho
303-665-5591

www.mewmewsyarnshop.com

Hrs:
Tues - Sat. -  10 - 6
closed Sun and Mon. for cat nap

Congratulations to our shop prize winner for Yarn Along The Rockies,
Carly Naddy! Thanks to all the yarn crawlers that participated this
year! We had 12 finishers turn in their passports at Mew Mew's this
year!
Even Mew Mew herself got out to crawl around a few of the shops this
year! It was a real treat to explore other local yarn shops..each
fantastic and unique!
**********************************
Lots of new fall yarns arrived last week! Regia sock, Plymouth Alpaca
Grande in tweeds, Handpaints, and solids, Sueno by HiKoo (dyed by our
local MJ Yarns), Merino superwash collage a d.k., and more Cascade 220,
220 superwash, and 220 superwash sport.
We have more novelties from Mango Moon: silk ribbons, hand-tied beaded
carry along string, and more!
More Malabrigo expected next week.

Check out our class list...great time to start a new project for fall!
We cover everything and anything in Knitting or Crochet in the A La
Carte Classes. You can also learn the basics with individual attention.
We keep the classes small at Mew Mew's so you get the help you need.

Stop in to see all the amazing samples from Julie's Free Form classes.

And if your goal is lace, Jill will be announcing her lace class
schedule soon. For beginning lace try the BUILDING WITH LACE book. It's
progressive. Great for beginners . There are videos on line to support
the book, or you can get super help in any A La Carte Class.

*************************************
Last spring we offered 2 Dye classes at MJ yarns right here in
Lafayette which filled up .

We are now able to offer another class Saturday October 21  10 - 1.
The class is held at MJ studio in Lafayette. You will get a Tour from
MJ dyer himself, Jonathan.He'll tell you all about the process. You'll
then get to dye 2 skeins of Sock yarn which you will be able to take
home with you!

After class, you'll have the oportunity to view and purchase his entire
line of yarns including his exclussive Red Label containing
experimental colorways and fibers. Cost is $75 and you sign up by
calling Mew Mew's 303-665-5591 or stop in at Mew Mew's!

**********************************

Are you an experienced crocher? Could you help out preemies in area
hospitals by crocheting an  amigurumi octopus?
Dana Hafenstine is our Local Ambassador . She will teach an octopus
class here at Mew Mew's on Saturday, October 14  12:30 to 2:30. The
class is free .You do need to supply your own yarn, stuffing and
crochet hk. We will have the required supplies here at Mew Mew's for
purchase at a discount to participants.
The class is FREE but do call Mew Mew's 303-665-5591 to let us know
you're coming!
www.facebook.com/groups/octoforapreemieus/

We knit and crochet for Clinica Campesina every 2nd Turesday of the
month  10 - 12. Please join us!

Knit/crochet group: work on stuff and chat is every Tuesday 12 - 4.
Everyone welcome!

Thanks to everyone for supporting their local friendly yarn shop!
Mew Mew and Sue Sue

See us on Instagram @mewmewsyarnshop and on Facebook @Mewmew's Yarn
Shop LLC