Kerala relief work update

1 view

Vishnu

Sep 2, 2018, 2:33:17 AM9/2/18
to mett_g...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

For the last two weeks, I was in koyilandy doing relief work in affected areas in Kannur and Kozhikode districts. During this time, we were able to reach out to 1492 affected families in these districts. We went to tribal areas in Aralam Farm, where we distributed relief materials to 246 families. Also, we are able to cover some isolated pockets in Irutti block, Kannur Dist.

We distributed relief kits containing rice, dal, sugar, tea, biscuits, dhoti, lungis, shirts, t-shirts, sarees, ladies garments, bed-sheets, towels, bucket, mug, tarpaulin, water bottles, dettol, sanitary napkin and others to 1492 affected families. I will send the official report once it is ready.

The relief work is still continuing in many centres of Ramakrishna Mission in Kerala, and some of them are planning to take up reconstruction projects.

This relief work was one of continuous exertion, from morning 4. 00 am to 11. 00 pm. Slept very little. I personally offloaded half a truck of relief materials; managed the inventory, packing and distribution; and also the paperwork, which took a considerable amount of time. The volunteers, coordinators, friends, and devotees of Ramakrishna Mission did a great job and words are inadequate to express the strenuous work which they have done.

Here are some of the pictures:

Some news report in a local channel:

Yours,

Vishnu

Sree R

Sep 2, 2018, 4:10:22 AM9/2/18
to gce mett group
Super work Vishnu and team..

Vatsa

KAMALANATHAN K.

Sep 2, 2018, 4:53:08 AM9/2/18
to mett_g...@googlegroups.com

Great job..., vishnu...

Vishnu

Sep 2, 2018, 9:57:12 AM9/2/18
to mett_g...@googlegroups.com
Koyilandy centre distributed 8253 kg rice, 2470 kg dal, 288 kg semolina, 2454 packets
of snacks, 72 kg tea leaves, 288 kg sugar, 342 litres of water, 100 dhotis, 1449 lungis,
32 shirts, 748 T-shirts, 171 trousers, 309 saris, 621 ladies’ garments, 43 children’s
garments, 1308 bed-sheets, 1226 towels, 288 tarpaulins, 618 bars of bathing soap,
576 sanitary items, 57 vials of antiseptic liquid, 288 buckets and 288 mugs among
1222 flood-affected families in Kannur and Kozhikode districts from 14 to 28 August.

Great job..., vishnu...

Vishnu

Sep 2, 2018, 10:00:21 AM9/2/18
to mett_g...@googlegroups.com
RELIEF WORK: A BRIEF REPORT AS ON 1 SEPTEMBER 2018

Please find the attached document.
R2018-09.pdf

Karthik V

Sep 3, 2018, 7:51:46 AM9/3/18
to gce mett group
Nice job Vishnu... Continue more...

Thanks and Regards

V. Karthik
9788444987

Mohan Lakshmi

Sep 4, 2018, 5:27:34 AM9/4/18
to mett_g...@googlegroups.com
WELL DONE MY DEAR BOY😇
Thanks and Regards
Mohan J
Technical officer "D" - QAD
Indra Ganthi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
Kalpakkam-603102
Phone:044-27480500 extn:23397

Chandra sekaran

Sep 4, 2018, 6:34:19 AM9/4/18