Error when using haproxy and dropwizard metrics

Samuel Mutel

May 19, 2020, 4:58:17 AM5/19/20
to metrics-user
Hello,

Perhaps the issue is due to haproxy but I would like to post my issue here also to be sure.

I have a haproxy in front of graphite cluster.

My code in my application is:

final Graphite graphite = new Graphite(new InetSocketAddress(serverName, serverPort));
final GraphiteReporter reporter = GraphiteReporter.forRegistry(METRICS)

.prefixedWith(name(hostname, user))

.convertRatesTo(TimeUnit.SECONDS)

.convertDurationsTo(TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS)

.filter(MetricFilter.ALL)

.build(graphite);
reporter.start(1, TimeUnit.MINUTES);

In haproxy I see for 5% of the metrics the error below:

1/-1/0 0 CC 2/2/1/1/0 0/0

C : the TCP session was unexpectedly aborted by the client.
C : the proxy was waiting for the CONNECTION to establish on the server. The server might at most have noticed a connection attempt.

It is working correctly if we are using the graphite cluster without haproxy in front.
Any timeout option possible on the client side ?

Thanks.