Integration w/ Precommit Git Hook

Aeden Jameson

Nov 5, 2013, 7:11:28 PM11/5/13
to metr...@googlegroups.com
    Does anyone have experience with integrating metric-fu into a precommit git hook? Would you share your solution? If no one has done this, what would be your worries and wants?

Thanks.

Benjamin Fleischer

Nov 5, 2013, 8:52:44 PM11/5/13
to metr...@googlegroups.com
I haven't, but I recently tried the overcommit gem which uses rubocop and I kind of like it so far.. https://github.com/causes/overcommit/blob/master/lib/overcommit/plugins/pre_commit/ruby_style.rb#L9

What would you be looking for to run it on every commit?  On its own, I think metric_fu would be too slow to run on every commit.  It's strength, I think is looking at trends.  Also, right now it saves data daily, not on every run, (i.e. YYYYMMDD, not YYYMMDDSS) so you wouldn't easily benefit from multiple runs a day.

It's certainly worth thinking about, though.