Can you get amount of rainfall from DataPoint. eg. 10mm, cm or inches

Gregory Reed

Mar 15, 2023, 7:44:57 AM3/15/23
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi,

New to this service, is really good & works well
However I would really like to know just how much rainfall in some sort of measurement value. i.e. in cm or inches etc.

The weather code is quite useful but I assume Light Rain to Heavy Rain could be quite a large margin & Heavy Rain could span quite a variety.

Over x cm to indicate extreme rain & might need to put out sand bags etc.
Not going to do on "normal" heavy rain.

Thanks I/A

Kenny Fairweather

May 6, 2023, 12:15:17 PM5/6/23
to Met Office DataPoint
I would also like to see rain rates in addition to a weather code. Rough ranges of precipitation was given here: (DataPoint Link)