Discrepency in Response types/data

Matthew Davis

Jan 31, 2023, 2:58:57 AM1/31/23
to Met Office DataPoint
I've been looking at the endpoint "txt/wxfcs/mountainarea/datatype/locationId" and have noted that the returned data and the description of the returned data in the datapoint_api_reference.pdf vary. They are close, just not all the way there.

Has there been an update that is captured anywhere? I've attempting searching online, I've looked through the met-office website and through this google group (perhaps my search terms suck), and I've even started pulling apart some of the npm packages that pull weather data from the met office to look how they've typed the response.

So far nothing has helped answer this.

Noting the tone of some of the messages here, I suspect the answer is that the responses do and can be expected to change. And one should contemplate one's own tolerance of frustration before endeavoring to interact with these endpoints.

That being said if there is information about any updates or perhaps an endpoint that can be called that returns the shapes of the data returned from various endpoints. Or even just any information about rules of thumb such as one being able to expect a change every summer or every three months would be beneficial.

Thanks for any insight you can give.