Any one tried open-meteo?

Gregory Reed

Apr 2, 2023, 8:01:25 AM4/2/23
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi,
Don't want to dis Met Office data point or seem to promote alternatives as just asking if anyone has used open-meteo

Looks pretty good on the face of it but not had a chance to compare models with real weather & don't want to spend too much time looking at it if no use for UK data

Main reason & as far as I can tell not available on met office, if rainfall in mm.
I did ask about this but not reply so assume not.

e.g. heavy rain on a 3 hourly forecast is not too helpful.
I am really trying to find out if really going to get a soaking, if so I put a few sandbags out.
My phone app is fairly accurate for that so the data is out there somewhere & can check but for my staff & just generally in front of me or them on my main business programm running will highlight & just be very usefull.

Chris Wilson

Jan 25, 2024, 10:32:28 AMJan 25
to Met Office DataPoint
Yes I use it currently for a native android app I'm writing, pretty accurate and lots of info available. Json format comes back nice and semantic so you can just load your response.data straight into your code keeping the same variable names if you like. 15min updates too, just depends on how you set up your request url, I recommend, easy to use api... returns easy to use data...
Only thing I couldnt find with it was imagery, its all just json data so thats why I'm here to get overlays I can display like the rain radar etc... Cant say I've had any accuracy issues as such but then I havent tested it to that extent, all I can really say is if I get a current dataset and go look outside, its exactly what it says in the data (no real surprise) and it does differ from a few other apps ive offered it up to like for like on the forecast but its as good as those.. it is just a forecast anyway and nothing is ever 100% on the money