Get Postcode from Area Name

Moris Moysis

Jan 17, 2023, 9:40:40 AM1/17/23
to Met Office DataPoint
Hello,

I hope you are well.

I am using datapoint API to get wind gust and max and min temperature for the different sites of MetOffice.

I am getting "name" which is the observation center name, "unitaryAuthArea" which is the general area and latitude and longitude.

I would like to map any of these into the UK postcodes or at least areas or districts (first 2 or 4 letters/numbers from postcode).

Is there an easy way to get the UK postcodes or areas/districts that each observational center covers? If I do that with "unitaryAuthArea" the search is too big and it covers many observation centers with different weather conditions, that is why I would like to do it with "name".

If I try to do it with lat and lon, then what I do not know is which radius to take when getting the postcodes for lat and lon.

Can you please help me?

Best,
Moris Moysis

Moris Moysis

Jan 17, 2023, 12:05:46 PM1/17/23
to Met Office DataPoint
Actually, I would be satisfied with geeting the postcodes for each "unitaryAuthArea".

Tom Ewing

Jul 23, 2023, 11:01:58 PM7/23/23
to Met Office DataPoint
You can get the lon / lat centroids for each postcode here: https://geoportal.statistics.gov.uk/search?collection=Dataset&sort=-created&tags=all(CTD_NSPL)