rmapbs and rmapbs-pe are not included in the stable version (methpipe-3.2.0.tar.gz)

Ian Yi-Feng Chang

Jul 31, 2014, 12:12:04 AM7/31/14
to meth...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I download the latest stable version of methpipe (3.2.0)
I cannot find rmapbs and rmapbs-pe in this version.
I would like to know where I can find them?

Thanks.

Ian

Ben Decato

Jul 31, 2014, 2:08:24 AM7/31/14
to meth...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ian,

The rmapbs software is actually part of the rmap package,  available on our website here: http://smithlabresearch.org/software/rmap/

Let me know if you have any usage questions!

Ben

Ian Yi-Feng Chang

Jul 31, 2014, 2:22:37 AM7/31/14
to meth...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ben,

Thanks for the reply.
In previous version, rmapbs/rmapbs-pe were included in methpipe package.
Perhaps you can add an additional link to guide new users to get rmap package in methpipe web page.

Thank you.

Ian

Ian Yi-Feng Chang

Jul 31, 2014, 3:24:22 AM7/31/14
to meth...@googlegroups.com
I would like to ask another question: Are there any significant changes between the version of rmapbs/rmapbs-pe in methpipe 3.0.1 and the version download from github?

Meng Zhou

Jul 31, 2014, 2:33:29 PM7/31/14
to meth...@googlegroups.com
The changes made to rmap over the past year are mainly organizational ones. There will be some enhancements soon, but still under development in our GitHub repository. We have noticed that an official release of rmap is missing on our website, and we will publish one as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on the website. BTW I do recommend using releases found on our lab website.

Best regards,
Meng