Job board for Meteor

James Wilson

Feb 22, 2014, 11:27:48 PM2/22/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, as my end of contract is coming up I was looking around for a good meteor jobs board.
I remember there was one at one time, but I don't think it is active anymore.

Does anyone know of any good places online for meteor jobs?

I have 15+ years experience with web development, prototyping, ideation, R&D and I'm looking for a new gig.
I have 13 recommendations on LinkedIn.

Feel free to contact me if interested.

Thank you,

James Wilson

Josh Cope

Feb 23, 2014, 12:03:24 AM2/23/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, Ja...@jameswilson.name
a few suggestions if your looking for meteor specific jobs, looks like the meteor job board got completely taken down

Josh Cope

Feb 23, 2014, 12:04:53 AM2/23/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, Ja...@jameswilson.name

Nate Strauser

Feb 23, 2014, 11:40:42 PM2/23/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, Ja...@jameswilson.name
I think that meteor needs a little bit of help in this arena and I've been wanting a project to try out some new packages, so i whipped this up today.

Right now, its just a very simple and manual job board, but i've got some plans for other features.  Taking suggestions and contributions at https://github.com/nate-strauser/wework

Josh Cope

Feb 23, 2014, 11:57:36 PM2/23/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
nice was just thinking about doing the same thing, I will try to help some external integration,angel.co has an API, stack overflow careers, I think it needs to be scraped, github job boards has an api, elance has an api, etc.

Nate Strauser

Feb 24, 2014, 6:44:33 PM2/24/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
just pushed out a bunch of updates to wework.meteor.com...

* developers can now register and promote themselves as experts for hire ( just me up there so far )
* remote positions are now marked/labeled
* social logins supported (facebook, github, google, twitter, linkedin)

over the next couple days/weeks i'll be working on the aggregator so the listing will keep itself up to date as well as making expert profiles more robust

thanks!

James Wilson

Feb 24, 2014, 6:45:00 PM2/24/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
very cool!! thank you! <3

James Wilson

Miro

Feb 26, 2014, 12:29:39 PM2/26/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Great job Nate!

I just released oDesk helpers, so you may want to use them as well:

Miro

Michael Samoylov

Jan 28, 2015, 6:21:12 PM1/28/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, Ja...@jameswilson.name
Hey.

We just have launched Meteor Gigs. A place where Meteor developers can list their profiles for free.

Thanks,
Michael

Gabriel Pugliese

Jan 29, 2015, 8:10:09 AM1/29/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, Ja...@jameswilson.name
I'm receiving Internal Server Error when trying to login with Google

Michael Samoylov

Jan 29, 2015, 8:14:29 AM1/29/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, Ja...@jameswilson.name
Thanks guys, investigating now.

I'm not able to reproduce and it works well for me. But, there's a bunch of weird errors, most probably your login attempts, from the Meteor core. Any ideas?

{"line":"78","file":"oauth_server.js","message":"Unable to parse state from OAuth query: \f\u000e9û\b÷©¢;\u0015WõwMÌÚ\"Ú\"·<U+009E>õ\u0005=ÚÎ3¸¹æÓ­","time":{"$date":1422521825401},"level":"warn"}

{"line":"78","file":"oauth_server.js","message":"Unable to parse state from OAuth query: \f\u000e9û\b÷©¢;\u0015WõwMÌÚ\"Ú\"·<U+009E>õ\u0005=ÚÎ3¸¹æÓ­","time":{"$date":1422521825407},"level":"warn"}

{"line":"78","file":"oauth_server.js","message":"Unable to parse state from OAuth query: \f\u000e9û\b÷©¢;\u0015WõwMÌÚ\"Ú\"·<U+009E>õ\u0005=ÚÎ3¸¹æÓ­","time":{"$date":1422521825408},"level":"warn"}

{"line":"78","file":"oauth_server.js","message":"Unable to parse state from OAuth query: \f\u000e9û\b÷©¢;\u0015WõwMÌÚ\"Ú\"·<U+009E>õ\u0005=ÚÎ3¸¹æÓ­","time":{"$date":1422521825409},"level":"warn"}

Michael Samoylov

Jan 29, 2015, 2:08:04 PM1/29/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Nailed it. You should never create a schema for Meteor.users :-( Following the example from https://github.com/aldeed/meteor-collection2 was absolutely stupid.

Serkan Durusoy

Jan 29, 2015, 3:38:15 PM1/29/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Well, following an example from a wildly and well deserved so popular package is not stupid.

And if that example is specifically the one at https://github.com/aldeed/meteor-collection2#attach-a-schema-to-meteorusers then it reads:

This schema has not been thoroughly vetted to ensure that it accounts for all possible properties the accounts packages might try to set. Furthermore, any other packages you add might also try to set additional properties. If you see warnings in the console about keys being removed, that's a good indication that you should add those keys to the schema.
Note also that this schema uses the blackbox: true option for simplicity. You might choose instead to figure out a more specific schema.
(If you figure out a more accurate Meteor.users schema, documentation pull requests are welcome.)

I think for all the hard work Eric Dobbertin is putting into that package, I think he at least deserves a bug report.

Also, I believe you should create a schema for your users collection. It provides a solid way of sanitizing the data that gets into a user document - which arguably is one of the most important documents - while being consistent with the rest of your app.

But hey, I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Nate Strauser

Feb 24, 2015, 9:16:20 PM2/24/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to let you all know that I just deployed a major upgrade to weworkmeteor.com.  I added some much needed refinements and it sure looks a lot nicer now.  :)

The site currently has 46 active job postings and over 200 developer profiles.  I've seen a major upswing in postings and visitors since the meteor 1.0 launch.

I'll be expanding the functionality of the site over the next couple weeks/months.  Thinking about developer showcase/portfolios and paid job listings.  Let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

NOTE: if you have a profile already, I suggest you edit/update it to fill out the new fields (available for hire, interested in, etc)

Thanks!

Michael Samoylov

Feb 25, 2015, 2:20:41 AM2/25/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
You did a good job ripping off the UI of https://www.meteorgigs.io/

Sent from my iPad

Kelly Copley

Feb 25, 2015, 2:29:58 AM2/25/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that seems ridiculously harsh.. They're both using bootstrap obviously there are going to be similarities in the UI. Constructive criticism might be appropriate but I don't think you've added anything but negativity to this conversation.

Metatron Tu

Feb 25, 2015, 2:30:27 AM2/25/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, Ja...@jameswilson.name
Nice work!

I think this will enhance the ecosystem growing more efficiently and effectively.
Did this project open source,
if does, i want to participate to build this project !

James Wilson於 2014年2月23日星期日 UTC+8下午12時27分48秒寫道:

Arunoda Susiripala

Feb 25, 2015, 2:40:51 AM2/25/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Yes. There seems to be a lot sites trying to list Meteor Jobs.
There can be some similarities and so on.

But we should not talk like this here.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "meteor-talk" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/meteor-talk/2062F572-84F6-4698-8387-7F6841B830E8%40gmail.com.

Serkan Durusoy

Feb 25, 2015, 5:27:41 AM2/25/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
There's not even bootstrap similarity. Trolls be trolls...

Nate Strauser

Feb 25, 2015, 8:58:33 AM2/25/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
weworkmeteor has been open source since i launched it just over a year ago - feature suggestions, bug reports, and pull requests are always welcome - https://github.com/nate-strauser/wework

I'm planning on reorganizing the code base to be more useful as a boilerplate/example project - it is currently just a little bit messy