Claiming mrt:X packages

Tom Coleman

Aug 27, 2014, 6:16:02 AM8/27/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Some people have noticed that their package `X` was migrated as `mrt:X` rather than `username:X`. This is because we didn’t know what their Meteor Developer username was, and couldn’t do too much about it.

If you have such a package and would like to take control of it, please head to atmosphere.meteor.com/accounts and associate your MD username with your atmosphere account. Then let me know. I’ll give you access and you can take me off!

---

On the subject of changing the name of the package to `username:X`:

1. Package renaming will be coming in a future Meteor release. This is the “official” way to do this.

2. You can of course just release the renamed package yourself. But there are two big issues with this:

  a) `mrt migrate-app` won’t know and so many existing users will not get the change.

  b) If any other package `Y:Z` depends on `mrt:X`, then there be big dramas if users have both `username:X` and `Y:Z` installed [1].

Thanks everyone, and cheers to package authors for fixing their packages up in a timely fashion, I’m sure the community appreciates it.

Tom

[1] You don’t want to have to deal with dramas :)

Dave Workman

Aug 27, 2014, 1:45:47 PM8/27/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Done!

atmosphere -> davidworkman9
meteor dev  -> workman

Tom Coleman

Aug 27, 2014, 6:31:58 PM8/27/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Transferred.

Tom Coleman

Aug 29, 2014, 6:24:18 AM8/29/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I just realised why this keeps happening (I hope). Fixed again.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM, <dave....@gfk.com> wrote:
After going to atmosphere.meteor.com/accounts I can sign in in 'Step One'. But when I try to connect my MD account in 'Step Two' I get the message "Something went wrong: Invalid redirect URI [400]" in the popup window after clicking the 'Use this account' button. Can you fix this? Or is there another way to associate my MD with my atmosphere account?

Tom Coleman
Technical Lead
http://percolatestudio.com
@tmeasday

Tom Coleman

Aug 29, 2014, 9:00:09 PM8/29/14
to dave....@gfk.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

I've added you as owner of those packages. (They are `mrt:X` for the moment).

You can rename them to tbknl:X when package renaming comes out.

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM, <dave....@gfk.com> wrote:
Thanks!
Could you migrate the following:
trail --> tbknl:trail
trail-monitor --> tbknl:trail-monitor

Benjamin RICHARD

Mar 3, 2015, 6:03:49 AM3/3/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, dave....@gfk.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

is it possible to associate my username "rebolon" to package mrt:animation ?
This package is now useless because Meteor provide a way of managing Data animation.
So i would like to set-unmigrated to that package but it seems to be impossible because it's not linked to my account.

Thanks for help