Override Meteor.settings.public for testing

Ander Laif

Feb 24, 2015, 7:18:48 PM2/24/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com

For testing purposes, I need to override Meteor.settings.public on the server to be served to a client. But if I change Meteor.settings.public on the server, it is changed on the server only. Clients still get the old version when they load the app. What would be the right strategy to override it on the server so that I get the changed version on the client? I tried setting  __meteor_runtime_config__.PUBLIC_SETTINGS, but I am seeing the same behaviour.

Ander Laif

Feb 28, 2015, 10:36:13 AM2/28/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Found it. Call

var generateBoilerplate = WebAppInternals.generateBoilerplate;
generateBoilerplate();

to regenerate all boilerplate HTML templates which have the settings inside them.