meteor test-packages --all

Abigail Watson

Jan 19, 2015, 2:08:56 PM1/19/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Before either Meteor 0.9 or Meteor 1.0, when we ran 'meteor test-packages' it would run unit tests on all the packages in an app.  Now, it only runs tests on the packages within the /packages directory.  Could we please have an '--all' flag that runs tests over the entire application?
Abigail

David Glasser

Jan 30, 2015, 2:53:37 PM1/30/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
It runs tests on all packages that you are currently building from source.  Tests for packages loaded through Atmosphere are not published as part of the build process.

Abigail Watson

Feb 9, 2015, 8:31:51 PM2/9/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
I understand what it does.  I'm saying that it's a change in behavior from previous versions, and there was a lot of utility when it ran all the packages that are used by a particular application. Isopacks took a bunch of steps forward, but the changes to test-packages is maybe not one of them (imho).  Having visibility of the tests run over the entire application was really useful for integration testing.

If we want to do an application integration test using tinytests, are we suppose to use the .meteor/versions file and copy each package from meteor/meteor/packages into the myapp/packages directory?  Is that the recommended workflow that's being suggested?  If so, I'll certainly try to make it work; but it seems quite a step away from what test-packages used to offer.

Christian Stewart

Feb 9, 2015, 8:37:39 PM2/9/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
If the test code isn't published by Atmosphere then it's impossible for you to run the tests without actually cloning the sources to the packages dir.