Server-side rendering and boilerplate-generator.js

Sean Westfall

Feb 4, 2015, 7:28:58 PM2/4/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with a lower level question regarding MeteorJs process towards template rendering.
Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone knows what order Meteor takes when rendering blaze templates.

I currently have a MeteorJs app that uses Arunoda's meteor-ssr package (https://github.com/meteorhacks/meteor-ssr) to render templates on the server-side. Which is what I want at the moment.
The problem with his implementation is that it it doesn't include any of the boilerplate js files that come with client side render templates that allow you to use all the basic Meteor functions like Meteor and Collection and Template and what not.

From the looks of the MeteorJs source, the boilerplate JS files are included via boilerplate-generator.js.

So my question is, when does Meteor run the boilerplate-generator.js on it's templates, before or after templating.js -- or am I asking the wrong question? Could anyone who knows Meteor core point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Sean

Jamal BOULHOUS

Feb 5, 2015, 6:23:05 AM2/5/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I think you should have a look at webapp package, the boilerplate is actually used to respond to http request, i think it is also used by cordova stuff.
You should definitly have a look at webapp package, webapp_server.js
May be you will find what you are looking for.
Cheers,
Jamal