Converting multiple text files

Bowser

Dec 15, 2008, 8:16:40 AM12/15/08
to metastockcmdlineutils
I have purchased a set of historical data from EODData.com.
I'd like to convert them all with the command line utilities.

AMEX_19980108.txt
AMEX_19980109.txt
etc.
etc.

Is there an simple solution to this problem that I have overlooked?
Really appreciate it

***
Bowser

mima...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2008, 7:51:22 AM12/16/08
to metastockcmdlineutils
Hi,

First you need to know what format does the EODData.com vendor provide
data in.
If it is providing data in MetaStock format then you can use ms2asc to
convert it to .csv
file format that is nothing but a .txt format with comma separated
fields, check ms2asc --help
for more options.

-Regards,
Mansoor

Gaurav Varshney

Dec 16, 2008, 9:43:09 AM12/16/08
to metastockc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Mansoor,

I have used your asc2ms utility. Thanks a lot for developing such a nice and useful utility.
I am new to Metastock. Just wondered if I can convert Tick data in MS Format with this utility ? if Yes, I would appreciate if you can guide me .

Appreciate your help..

~Gaurav

mima...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2008, 12:21:23 PM12/16/08
to metastockcmdlineutils
Hi Gaurav,

Yes, you can convert a tick data file into MS format, please check the
Intraday
directory in the sample folder for the format.

-Regards,
Mansoor