Using ms2asc and getting Could not create

PiedSoftware

Jan 28, 2009, 6:41:05 PM1/28/09
to metastockcmdlineutils
Hi,

I have some metastock data on a CD ROM, and I need to convert it to
the ascii format for an application I am working on. I have put
ms2asc.exe in C:\windows, I have created a directory on the c drive, c:
\eod\history, and in cmd I cd into the directory were the master file
and all the f*.dat files I.

I get this:

H:\US\NASDAQ>ms2asc -m master -f c:\nasdaq_history.asc
---8<--------ms2asc(v1.8.4)-log--------Begin---8<-
Could not create c:\nasdaq_history.asc file
---8<--------ms2asc-log--------End-----8<-

Can anyone suggest what would make it work? Please.

Regards
Mark Patterson

mima...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2009, 12:52:28 PM1/29/09
to metastockcmdlineutils
Hi Mark Patterson,

You can try the following.

H:\US\NASDAQ>ms2asc -m master -f nasdaq_history.asc -o c:\

Also try ms2asc -h for more options.

-Regards,
Illyas Mansoor