Help me please......

Santosh Sharma

Apr 12, 2010, 10:01:12 AM4/12/10
to metastockc...@googlegroups.com

Dear All

Can anybody help me in this………..??

Please………

Thanks in advance

Santosh

From: Santosh Sharma [mailto:sans...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 8:40 PM
To: 'metastockc...@googlegroups.com'
Subject: RE: FW: Version 1.8.5 problem?

Dear Mansoor

Thanks for support…

Please help me to set the periodicity of the security using ur tool i.e. 1 min  5 min 60 min

I have developed software for intraday RT data …. In this I am facing some problems….. can u help me out to sort out the problems????

Thanks in advance

Santosh

Apr 23, 2010, 3:22:47 AM4/23/10
to metastockcmdlineutils
Hello Santosh.

Can you please explain what you're trying to do and what the problem
is?

On Apr 12, 6:01 pm, "Santosh Sharma" <sansha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Can anybody help me in this.....??
>
> Please...
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Santosh
>
>   _____

Santosh Sharma

Apr 26, 2010, 1:38:25 PM4/26/10
to metastockc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Samri

As earlier I have told I have developed software for RT data in which I am
backfilling is being done with one min data and RT data is of 5 second

Command: - "-f (Source) -r r -c yes --forceWrite yes -o (Target)" if I
create a MS file with ......... Source Data:-
CAC40,I,100319,18:13:07,3925.44,3925.44,3925.44,3925.44,0,0 - it will create
a "Tick" data file ... for this I wont be able to backfill one minute
data... so I want to create one minute data file in MS database.

Secondly

New File is not being created when MS Database is in use by MS...... What is
the solution for this..............?

I hope u can understand my problem now....

Please give me solution......

Thanks in advance
Santosh Sharma

Samri

May 3, 2010, 9:54:52 AM5/3/10
to metastockcmdlineutils
Hello Santosh.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you already have tick data,
all you have to do is feed it to Metastock, and Metastock will
automatically let you analyze the data in any time frame: 1 minute, 5
minutes, 15 minutes, and even custom time frames.

Now if you're talking about feedingthe data into your own software
(the RT software), that's a different story. I don't know if Mansoor's
utilities will change the Periodicity of the data you feed it. Have
you tried the --ignorePer option?

I haven't tried this myself, but I would assume that when converting,
the Periodicity of the data remains the same. You give it tick data,
it'll give you tick data in Metastock format. You give it End-of-Day
data, it'll give you End-of-Day data. I *think* that's how it works.

Maybe you have to manually process your tick data? Perhaps write a
little program that reads the tick data, and then creates data for
each one-minute or 5-minute candle from it?