ajhc: building hackageDB package

Sergey Mironov

May 20, 2013, 7:35:17 AM5/20/13
to meta...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I'm planning to learn some ajhc/program some hardware following your beautiful cortex demo. I've successfully install all the things and run the stm32f3 demo, but now I am interesting in trying porting some hackageDB library into ajax. What should I do to install, say, list-extras?  I excpect it to be easy enough because this lib probably doesn't use any GHC/OS features.

Thanks in advance,
Sergey

Sergey Mironov

May 20, 2013, 7:40:13 AM5/20/13
to meta...@googlegroups.com
Not ajax! I meant ajhc. Web-specific typo:)

Kiwamu Okabe

May 20, 2013, 8:53:02 AM5/20/13
to meta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey!
Unfonfortunately,Ajhc and jhc only support too few Haskell libraries.

$ ls ~/.cabal/share/ajhc-0.8.0.5/lib
Diff-0.2.0.hl
HUnit-1.2.5.1.hl
QuickCheck-1.2.0.1.hl
applicative-1.0.hl
containers-0.3.0.0.hl
deepseq-1.2.0.1.hl
filepath-1.3.0.1.hl
flat-foreign-1.0.hl
haskell-extras-0.8.1.hl
haskell2010-0.8.1.hl
haskell98-1.0.hl
html-1.0.1.2.hl
jhc-1.0.hl
jhc-prim-1.0.hl
parsec-2.1.0.1.hl
pretty-1.0.1.2.hl
safe-0.3.3.hl
smallcheck-0.6.1.hl
transformers-0.2.1.0.hl
xhtml-3000.2.1.hl

The others haven't been ported to ajhc.
I'm trying to port them, but not success.

https://github.com/ajhc/ajhc/issues/2
https://github.com/ajhc/ajhc/issues/3
https://github.com/ajhc/ajhc/issues/5

Which librarie do you want to use?

Best regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe

Sergey Mironov

May 20, 2013, 9:53:09 AM5/20/13
to meta...@googlegroups.com, kiw...@debian.or.jp
I have no specific needs yet, want just to get more familiar with the process of maintaining ajhc-based projects.. I saw both .cabal and .yaml files in the ajhc source tree, so it is interesting for me to know how the import works. Have you got a wiki?

Kiwamu Okabe

May 20, 2013, 11:10:46 AM5/20/13
to Sergey Mironov, meta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Sergey Mironov <grw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no specific needs yet, want just to get more familiar with the
> process of maintaining ajhc-based projects.. I saw both .cabal and .yaml
> files in the ajhc source tree, so it is interesting for me to know how the
> import works. Have you got a wiki?

No, we do not have wiki. Is it needed for you?
I think that github issue ticket is good for developing ajhc.
Ajhc's library should be maintained by .yaml files.

https://github.com/ajhc/ajhc/tree/arafura/lib/ext

It's welcome pull request new .yaml file and changes for
https://github.com/ajhc/ajhc/blob/arafura/library_deps.make.

In future, I will build a package manager for ajhc, named "jahm".
The jahm will use own github repo for maintaining .yaml files and some patches.

Thank's for your attention.
--
Kiwamu Okabe