[Metasepi Snippets] Start new iteration namd "Chiers", and introduce GObject Introspection

Kiwamu Okabe

Mar 20, 2017, 7:05:03 AM3/20/17
to metasepi
Hi all,

Today, I decided to try writing weekly report for the Measepi project.
It should be called with "Metasepi Snippets", because we write it with
following manner:

https://18f.gsa.gov/2014/12/17/snippets/

Let's start to write my first snippets.

## Last week:

* Start to import latest VeriFast tutorial and translate it into Japanese
https://github.com/jverifast-ug/translate/blob/master/Manual/Tutorial/Tutorial.md
* Start to survey GObject Introspection which is useful to write ATS application
with C library
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/GObjectIntrospection
* Survey haskell-gi to understand GObject Introspection
https://github.com/haskell-gi/haskell-gi/
* Update mindmap of project
http://metasepi.org/map.html#mind-map
* Introduce new iteration named Chiers, which needs some blog entry
* Update Gantt chart
http://metasepi.org/plan/metasepi-chiers-bohai.html

## This week:

* Read GObject Introspection's specification carefully
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/GObjectIntrospection
* Deeply understand how to use haskell-gi command
* Decide method to shape GObject Introspection for ATS
* Post blog entry about Chiers iteration

## Miscellaneous:

* Today, I don't know how to shape GObject Introspection for ATS
* The method A: extend c2ats to read typelib
* The method B: extend haskell-gi to generate ATS code
* We progress on 2 iteration which is hogging for us
* We should choose only one from them on this year, and focus to it on next year

Enjoy each week,
--
Kiwamu Okabe at METASEPI DESIGN