shhh

Lou Gold

Jan 7, 2021, 6:44:53 PM1/7/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Interesting to see the forum go quiet on all fronts as yesterday's DC events emerged, to see the free speech question emerge at highest global profile, to see the major social media platforms deny free speech to the POTUS and to see consciousness-rattling political reality banned at this metaphysical forum. With compassion, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it and what it might say about the ability of metaphysics to contribute to fashioning a better world.

But don't talk about it.

shhh ...

Brad Walker

Jan 7, 2021, 8:00:47 PM1/7/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
El-P - Stay Down: https://youtu.be/EN6in-2Cs1U

Ashvin Pandurangi

Jan 7, 2021, 8:08:24 PM1/7/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
And all in the place where they said "amen and a woman" not 24 hours earlier... 0 :

I would love to discuss further somewhere but also want to respect BK's wishes. Can we set up another Google forum for anyone who wants to drive themselves insane with politics? Quickly before Big Tech decides that's not allowed!

Brad Walker

Jan 7, 2021, 8:42:28 PM1/7/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
I like "aperson". It's neither sexist nor anthropocentric.

Ashvin Pandurangi

Jan 7, 2021, 9:08:33 PM1/7/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Or "a ---", neither sexist nor anthropocentric nor anti-punctuation.

Brad Walker

Jan 7, 2021, 9:48:58 PM1/7/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
A--choo!

Dana Lomas

Jan 7, 2021, 10:08:39 PM1/7/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Did I go quiet ? If and and when I do, I can assure you it has nothing to do with the politics of the center of the universe (a-hem not amen)

Santeri Satama

Jan 8, 2021, 3:48:22 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Αμαν αμαν

Aman aman!

Dana Lomas

Jan 8, 2021, 4:26:34 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Just when I was enjoying the silence, the Greeks wake up  :)

David Sundaram

Jan 8, 2021, 9:25:31 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
On Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 4:44:53 PM UTC-7 Lou Gold wrote:
'Madness' and 'Crazy talk' wherein are even more contagious and functional-positivitypassaulting/degrading than the Covid-19. IMO, you are living in a a 'Metaphysical' Life-Flow-Reality unrelated Pollyannaland.

BK's and RHC's decisions and actions are sane and Life-salutary IMO.

jim.c...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2021, 9:53:49 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
RHC,

Why isn't this post banned?

Lou,

Free speech doesn't give someone the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre and that, in effect, was what POTUS was doing. At any rate, free speech isn't a right that is required to be provided by private companies or forums. If you want to discuss political matters, you can start your own forum and moderate it with whatever rules you like.

Ashvin Pandurangi

Jan 8, 2021, 10:01:04 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Yes, RHC, you should probably restrict this thread before I tear 'anti-ontology physicalist' Jim here to shreds on his anti-Constitutional understanding of 'free speech'.

Dana Lomas

Jan 8, 2021, 10:57:49 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Re: creating a new group (metapolitical speculations?), I checked out this Google Groups overview, which gives instructions for creating a new group, and currently I'm not finding the 'Create New Group' function that is supposed to be located in the upper left corner of the page. Anyone else able to locate such an option, in the google groups platform?

Dana Lomas

Jan 8, 2021, 11:12:04 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Never mind, I found the 'Create New Group' link, but I had to use Firefox, instead of Chrome ... WTF!

Dana Lomas

Jan 8, 2021, 11:15:30 AM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Now I see the trick on Chrome is to expand the page to full screen, otherwise the link does not appear.

Brad Walker

Jan 8, 2021, 1:15:29 PM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Eerily Silent Charmin Twitter Account Apparently Condones Attack On Capitol
https://www.theonion.com/eerily-silent-charmin-twitter-account-apparently-condon-1846013997

Ben Iscatus

Jan 8, 2021, 2:01:20 PM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Yes Brad, Charmin obviously didn't see the attackers motives as crap.

Ashvin Pandurangi

Jan 8, 2021, 3:09:42 PM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
The First Amendment does not allow anyone to remain silent when hearing about a fire in a crowded theatre! Google, Twitter, Facebook and Reddit have allowed Charmin to continue unabashedly advertising their fascist toilet paper and therefore the DOJ must terminate the internet and the WHO must issue stay-at-home orders to big tech CEOs. Arrests and prosecutions all around!

Matthew Brett

Jan 8, 2021, 3:10:39 PM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Someone said recently (I don't recall who, unfortunately) that trying to stay sane in the current political climate is like trying to stay on the peak of an ever-steepening gabled roof.

Santeri Satama

Jan 8, 2021, 3:46:03 PM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
According to a Yougov poll, 20% of registered voters support the invasion of Capitol Hill by the plebs. Which is interesting from the point of view of Pareto principle.
Message has been deleted

RHC

Jan 8, 2021, 6:27:12 PM1/8/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
As suggested, simply start another forum.  Free speech lies at the level of the Net,  Curated content within a given outlet, publication, website, forum whatever, has been the norm forever. It is beyond me that this is surprising to anybody.

Ashvin your comment to Jim crosses a line that is completely unacceptable..  How could you possibly think any moderator or forum owner, on any forum could allow you to interact with another member like that and maintain any semblance of a positive community?!  You are banned.
This conversation is locked