From here forward please dont create new posts

RHC

Jan 13, 2021, 11:01:08 AM1/13/21
to Metaphysical Speculations

Please join the new forum and create them there.   You can continue to comment on existing threads here for a few days, but you may want to restart ones that you hope continue for a while in the new forum.

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 12:56:34 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Just reiterating that the ability to comment/reply to posts here will be disabled in the coming days. So I recommend, sooner rather than later, any ongoing current discussions here be continued in the new forum, by perhaps copying and pasting the latest post from the current discussion, with a link to the pertinent page here for reference purposes ~ otherwise, further comments in the new forum just become more and more out of context.

Thanks to all for making this transition asap, and if anyone has any questions or concerns about the new forum, please feel free to msg me or Simon, by PM or email. We will do our best to accommodate whatever suggestions or concerns you my have about how to improve the format, so that it is as user-friendly as possible.

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 1:49:23 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Is it just me, but It now seems that this forum has suddenly been returned to the old 'classic' Google Groups' format. Did Goolge finally get the message that the new format was very unpopular, only now that users are making the switch?

Lou Gold

Jan 14, 2021, 1:54:07 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Damn, you are right Dana and I gotta say that I'd prefer to remain with the old format instead of confronting another set of problems with a new format.

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 2:04:14 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Lou ... well who knows how long this switch back will last. Anyway, the other 'problems' in the new forum may take some time to work through, as Simon and I endevour to address whatever concerns users may have. Again, I posted some instructions on how to make hyperlinks (if that's the kind of 'problem' you're referring to) in the 'Announcements' section of the new forum, which does take some getting used to, but again, it's quite easy once one does get used to it. Please give it some time.

David Sundaram

Jan 14, 2021, 2:06:04 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Lou: >Damn, you are right Dana and I gotta say that I'd prefer to remain with the old format instead of confronting another set of problems with a new format.

Strikes me such preference may indicate something of spiritual 'sign'ificance. The 'world' will move on (and that is a 'good' thing, I think)  with or without you, Lou.

Lou Gold

Jan 14, 2021, 2:12:46 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Dana,

Perhaps I'm just being a cranky old guy resistant to yet another new learning. Of course I'll give it a chance while preferring to do the easiest thing of staying put.

Lou Gold

Jan 14, 2021, 2:26:16 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations

PXL_20201228_181407440_small.jpg

David Sundaram

Jan 14, 2021, 2:30:03 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
I 'see' 'you' as being MORE than THAT! ('THAT' being our there-is-no-'other' Source, that is! 😁)

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 2:32:27 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Lou ... hey, I'm enjoying the challenges of the change ... which given how fast most everything is changing these days, with no turning back now, seems the challenges are just gonna keep on coming, cranky or not.

Santeri Satama

Jan 14, 2021, 2:54:54 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Change would not fun without also some cranky old fool whining instead of shining, and thus performing his purpose :P

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 3:17:47 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Santeri ... Lou is no fool ... maybe just a bit of a 'Louddite' :))

Lou Gold

Jan 14, 2021, 3:26:22 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Actually-factually, I just made my second post at the new forum format despite not being able to get the hyperlink or image insertion buttons to function properly (as they easily do here). And, by the way, although I'm registered at the forum, I receive no email alerts concerning posts. Perhaps complaint may lead to shine. ;-)))

Santeri Satama

Jan 14, 2021, 3:56:25 PM1/14/21
torstai 14. tammikuuta 2021 klo 22.17.47 UTC+2 Dana Lomas kirjoitti:
Santeri ... Lou is no fool ... maybe just a bit of a 'Louddite' :))

Louddite bros can take and enjoy a joke on their scalps. What's with the "expecting approval by moderator" message when I post to the new forum? Do you seriously need to and plan to pre-mod each post, or something else going on?

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 5:15:23 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
We're still working through some labour of love pangs, so patience please. Once you've made you're first post, there should be no need for further approval, unless the spam filter is detecting some issue with the content or attached links. Meanwhile, I'll pay close attention to anything awaiting approval for whatever random reason, so it should be approved quite quickly, unless it's the middle of the night here, in which case it may have to wait for a while.

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 5:17:33 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Also I see that google groups has reverted to the new and 'improved' format, so stop dreaming that they that actually a rat's ass about the whining :))

Lou Gold

Jan 14, 2021, 5:29:12 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
OK, onward blessed soldiers of love.
Hopefully, at the new location, we'll soon receive email notifications of posts and be able to insert a link or a photo.
Thanks for working on it.

Santeri Satama

Jan 14, 2021, 5:47:02 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Lou, links work. Check "Creating Links": https://metakastrup.org/app.php/help/bbcode

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 5:49:48 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
You can create hyperlinks, as others have already done so, and as far as I know images can be inserted too ~ but I'll test shortly to make sure. As for receiving email notifications of topics you're subscribed to, have you checked in your 'user control panel' (upper right corner) to see what topic threads you're subscribed to. I'm sending this as a PM and email from within the new forum to you as well, just to confirm that you arr receiving those communications, which should show up as a notification dot on the envelope icon (also upper right corner).

Dana Lomas

Jan 14, 2021, 5:59:38 PM1/14/21
to Metaphysical Speculations
Lou, I've posted an image in the 'Announcements' section just to show that it can be easily done. Instructions to follow soon.