MetaPhlAn integrated into Galaxy and updated to version 1.6

Nicola Segata

May 28, 2012, 4:25:26 PM5/28/12
to metaphl...@googlegroups.com
Dear MetaPhlAn users,
 we would like to announce that, thanks to George Weingart and James Taylor, MetaPhlAn is now available also within our Galaxy installation at

Please note that the Galaxy module will provide fewer options than the command line version because it is meant to be as easy-to-use as possible and, for  computational reasons, only the BowTie2 internal reads-to-markers matching engine is supported.

You are more than welcome to install MetaPhlAn on other Galaxy servers. To this end, the code of the Galaxy integration is available in the bitbucket repository (https://bitbucket.org/nsegata/metaphlan/src) together with a readme.txt file that will guide you step-by-step in integrating MetaPhlAn into your local Galaxy server.

The command line version of MetaPhlAn has been updated to version 1.6 with the modifications described in the current changeset at

Many thanks to George Weingart and James Taylor for their work!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any question or comment you may have.
Your feedback is always very appreciated!

many thanks,
Nicola Segata