MetaPhlAn for viruses

Stephen Turner

Oct 14, 2013, 12:24:30 PM10/14/13
to metaphl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicola. First of all, great tool. I've seen some discussion here before about a viral database, and I've seen on the MetaPhlAn tutorial page (http://huttenhower.sph.harvard.edu/content/metaphlan-tutorial) that viral profiling is "coming soon".

Any thoughts on when this might be available? Alternatively, how might I create my own viral database? Is the marker gene selection tool available/documented, and are there any special considerations for viruses that aren't detailed in the MetaPhlAn paper's supplemental?

Thanks very much.

Stephen

Sam Haldenby

Nov 14, 2013, 3:43:02 AM11/14/13
to metaphl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen, Nicola,

Just to add that I too would be very interested to know if there is an eta for viral profiling.. My current project has me analysing metagenomic data from the human intestinal tract. I am using MetaPhlAn as part of my current analysis pipeline and viral profiling would be of great benefit.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

Sam

Nicola Segata

Nov 16, 2013, 2:42:05 AM11/16/13
to metaphl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,
 January 2014 is the current worst-case scenario ETA.

thanks
Nicola