how to extract markers to reconstruct the database?

yanan su

Jan 18, 2017, 6:22:34 AM1/18/17
to MetaPhlAn-users
Hi there,
Recently I am using MetaPhlAn2 to identify viruses.
How may I know the specific information about what virus genomes were included? Now I wanna to add the new virus genome to it, How can I reconstruct the database or modify the included database(in the 'db_v20'directory)?
I have read some questions ago, like https://bitbucket.org/biobakery/metaphlan2#markdown-header-customizing-the-database
The link you provided is the later step after I have the marker sequences, then how may I get the markers from the new virus's added genome?

thanks.
greeting

yanan su

Jan 19, 2017, 12:06:35 AM1/19/17
to MetaPhlAn-users
在 2017年1月18日星期三 UTC+8下午7:22:34,yanan su写道:
Or, another qustion:
not reconstruct the database by adding the virus, just de novo construct the database of virus, how could you make it, like you have made the database in MetaPhlAn2? you said use ChocoPhlAn later , now you get MetaPhlAn2's database ,so you can help get the database of only viruses. thanks so much.
And, I have read about MetaRef , in which there are core genes/marker genes/pan genes,but I also can't get the approach of extracting those genes/families to construct the phylogenetic tree from raw genomes.

thans so much.
greeting.