MetaPhlAn updated to version 1.5

Nicola Segata

Apr 13, 2012, 6:07:24 PM4/13/12
to metaphl...@googlegroups.com
Dear MetaPhlAn users,
 we would like to let you know that we have just updated the MetaPhlAn package to version 1.5.
The new version is described at:
and available on bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/nsegata/metaphlan/

With respect to version 1.0 the main improvements are:
- more precision in estimating relative abundance dramatically lowering false positives;
- the integration of BowTie2 into the software that can now run at about 25,000 reads-per-second on a single CPU (compared to 500 reads-per-second for BLASTN);
- a new output type for characterizing sample-specific microbial strains based on single marker normalized counts
- improved and simplified command-line options

The complete change logs and a new wiki page are available both at the web-page above and in the "readme.txt" file included into the new version (that can also be updated using hg).

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any question or comment you may have.
Your feedback is always very appreciated!

many thanks,
Nicola Segata