where to download the reference_genome for strainer?

Ming Liao

Apr 30, 2016, 1:24:46 PM4/30/16
to MetaPhlAn-users
Hello,

I am currently trying to use strainer_src in Metaphlan2.

In the toy example provided in the tutorial, the reference genome directory contains two files: G0000273725.fna.bz2,
s__Bacteroides_caccae_G0000273735.fna.bz2

Can anyone explain these files a little bit? Is the G0000273725 just another name for s__Bacteroides_caccae, or one of many such numbers ?

Most importantly, where can I download this kind of reference genome data? By the way, the specie I am interested with most is E.coli.

Thanks,

Ming

Duy Tin Truong

May 2, 2016, 3:33:32 AM5/2/16
to Ming Liao, MetaPhlAn-users
Hi Ming,

Two files are the same but I added the prefix to remember that it is a reference genome from s__Bacteroides_caccae.
You can download the reference genomes from ncbi, for example:

Cheers,
Tin