Metamath distribution

Mario Carneiro

Dec 30, 2021, 11:57:53 PM12/30/21
to metamath
This is to give more visibility to issue https://github.com/metamath/metamath-exe/issues/19 . This came up when I put a .gitignore in the metamath-exe repo: We currently distribute the metamath sources via tar file, and it would be odd to distribute the .gitignore as well.

I think we should move to a release process entirely hosted on github, with the web site pointing to the https://github.com/metamath/metamath-exe/releases page, which will be semi-automatically populated with releases built in CI.

Glauco

Jan 2, 2022, 7:42:07 AM1/2/22
to Metamath
Running a "verify markup" with a recent set.mm I'm getting a

There is no "Version of " comment at the top of the file

warning. It looks like the date is not at the top of the file anymore (as it was discussed some time ago, in this forum).

I'm on Version 0.198 7-Aug-2021 , that's the current one (according to the metamath.org page).

I've checked
but there aren't any releases, yet.

Will CI block my PR ?

Glauco

Jim Kingdon

Jan 2, 2022, 10:13:09 AM1/2/22
to meta...@googlegroups.com

No, because CI runs scripts/verify --top_date_skip which includes VERIFY MARKUP * / TOP_DATE_SKIP

Benoit

Jan 2, 2022, 10:22:27 AM1/2/22
to Metamath

In MM, it suffices to type "MM> v m */t/f" to obtain the "top_date_skip" and "file_skip" behavior.  I guess this behavior should eventually be made default (while keeping the useless options /top_date_skip and /file_skip for compatibility), and options /top_date_check and /file_check should be created.

Benoît

Mario Carneiro

Jan 2, 2022, 11:55:46 PM1/2/22
to metamath
Could someone summarize the design changes required in an issue on the metamath-exe repo? I think I know how to do the change but I'm not sure what flags we're adding or deleting or how the defaults change.

Benoit

Jan 3, 2022, 8:55:58 AM1/3/22
to Metamath