How to typeset "K-regular" in comments

Benoit

Jun 26, 2022, 4:52:29 PM6/26/22
to Metamath
Within the comment for a theorem, should I write
  ` K `-regular
or
  ` K ` -regular
Both appear in set.mm (e.g., http://us.metamath.org/mpeuni/df-rgr.html and http://us.metamath.org/mpeuni/czlm.html) and the rendering is the same (the possible space following the quoted math expression is removed).

Is there a preferred way?

Thanks,
Benoît

Alexander van der Vekens

Jun 28, 2022, 4:33:28 AM6/28/22
to Metamath
So the issue is not only about k-regularity, but about using a blank between a text in math mode and a hyphen followed by a word in general.

I would prefer the short form (without blank). I think there was a general discussion if blanks can/should be used before the first ``  and after the last ``, and the decision there was at least not to force it, as far as I remember.

Alexander van der Vekens

Jun 28, 2022, 4:37:47 AM6/28/22
to Metamath
I would prefer the short form (without blank). I think there was a general discussion if blanks can/should be used before the first ``  and after the last ``, and the decision there was at least not to force it, as far as I remember.

Benoit

Jun 28, 2022, 4:52:12 AM6/28/22
to Metamath
Thanks!
Indeed, ` K `-regular was just an example, my post was maybe not very clear. If the space is optional, then I will probably not use it, since this could lead to unwanted line breaks.
Benoît