Travis CI webhooks uninstalled

Mario Carneiro

Apr 27, 2022, 8:58:41 PMApr 27
to metamath
We have not been using Travis CI for several years, but it still had OAuth access to the metamath repositories. For security reasons I've removed this access. This probably does not affect anyone's workflow, but:

* the metamath-book repo (which has not had a commit since mid 2020) still has Travis CI setup (which will no longer work) and should be migrated to github actions
* There was an active web hook from set.mm to notify.travis-ci.org, which could potentially have been used by anyone who had a travis account to provide e.g. email notifications for activity on the repository. If so you will need to set this up by another means.

Mario Carneiro

David A. Wheeler

Apr 28, 2022, 11:22:13 AMApr 28
to Metamath Mailing List

> On Apr 27, 2022, at 8:58 PM, Mario Carneiro <di....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We have not been using Travis CI for several years, but it still had OAuth access to the metamath repositories. For security reasons I've removed this access.

Thanks! Good call.

> This probably does not affect anyone's workflow, but:
>
> * the metamath-book repo (which has not had a commit since mid 2020) still has Travis CI setup (which will no longer work) and should be migrated to github actions

Agreed. I've done that conversion before, it's not too hard.

> * There was an active web hook from set.mm to notify.travis-ci.org, which could potentially have been used by anyone who had a travis account to provide e.g. email notifications for activity on the repository. If so you will need to set this up by another means.

--- David A. Wheeler