Trouble running mmj2

M Malik

Jan 23, 2023, 3:51:43 PM1/23/23
to Metamath
Hello Metamath people,

I am sorry if this has been answered before. I installed mmj2 through Github, but I am receiving this error when I attempt to open "mmj2-java8.jar" file.

Error: mmj.pa.ErrorCode@61e717c2A-UT-0007 RunParmFile not found or Security Exception. Input file name = null System message follows: null

Any thoughts?
-Malik.

Jim Kingdon

Jan 23, 2023, 4:00:50 PM1/23/23
to M Malik, Metamath
I run it via the https://github.com/digama0/mmj2/blob/master/mmj2jar/mmj2 script which supplies many of the needed parameters.

M Malik

Jan 24, 2023, 11:44:58 AM1/24/23
to Metamath
How do you run that script?

M Malik

Jan 25, 2023, 11:46:25 AM1/25/23
to Metamath
Hello,

I was able to run the mmj2 script. However, it's prompting class file version error. I am sure I have Java version 8. What version of Java do you use to run the program?

-Malik

David A. Wheeler

Jan 25, 2023, 1:47:15 PM1/25/23
to Metamath Mailing List
You need to use an older version of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to run mmj2.
That may be the problem. I believe that's documented, but maybe that's not sufficiently obviously.

Glauco

Jan 25, 2023, 3:24:41 PM1/25/23
to Metamath
Under linux and java 11 , it worked for me.

Tried a couple of weeks ago, the latest mmj2 version on github; it took me a while to get it to work. I didn't use it to write "actual" proofs, but unification worked as expected.

Did you solve the " RunParmFile not found or Security Exception" error ?

Glauco

M Malik

Jan 25, 2023, 6:43:19 PM1/25/23
to Metamath
Glauco,

I am not sure if I have resolved that error since I am not running mmj2 jar file directly. I am attempting to run mmj2 through the mmj2 script as suggested earlier by Jim. Script runs but prompts class file version error.

I'll download Java 11 and see if that works.

-Malik.

M Malik

Jan 25, 2023, 6:54:33 PM1/25/23
to Metamath