Fwd: New metamath game on Android

Norman Megill

Sep 1, 2020, 6:18:22 PM9/1/20
to Metamath
Filip Cernatescu asked me to post this.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New metamath game on Android
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 12:22:06 +0000 (UTC)
From: Cernatescu Filip <cernatescufilip at yahoo.com>
To: Norman Megill

Hi Norm!

I have created an Android App called XPuzzle.  It is a puzzle with math formulas derived from the Metamath system, it is a lightweight Metamath.  Problems and formulas are stored in a .mm file.

Formulas are axioms ($a) and they belong to public domain, problems ($p) are theorems and they are registered to my name.  I have attached the .mm file to the email, and it is included in the .apk file.  For now the other properties of the formulas and problems are hard coded in the java program, but it the future if the game has a public, these properties will be written in a .mm file comment.

Xpuzzle has a web page:  https://www.xpuzzle.co and at the bottom of that page is a link to the Google Play Store, where the app can be found.  Please put this web page to the us.metamath.org.  If my game has a public, I will put ads on the app and I will donate a percent from the income to the Metamath Foundation.  Please also put an announcement to the Metamath forum (I am unsubscribed).

Thank you very much!
X18.08.2020.mm.txt

Thierry Arnoux

Sep 2, 2020, 12:50:56 PM9/2/20
to meta...@googlegroups.com, Norman Megill

That looks great!

I did not see all the app, are you offering only algebra problems? I feel this would give a too limited view of what "Maths" are. If so, I would suggest to also include a bit of logic, maybe one inductive proof, and why not the MIU system?

Norman Megill

Nov 10, 2020, 2:38:03 PM11/10/20
to Metamath
Filip asked me to post the following:

Xpuzzle 1.2 has been released. New simple levels have been added, and a new UI has been created. I think that would be a good practice environment for Metamath newbies.
-- Filip