Thanks for being a vibrant & active community

David A. Wheeler

Feb 11, 2023, 12:33:13 PM2/11/23
to Metamath Mailing List
All:

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping Metamath be a vibrant & active community.

On 2021-12-09, Metamath creator Noman Megill died unexpectedly, and that could have been the end. Instead, there have been continuous improvements and refinements to the Metamath databases (primarily set.mm and iset.mm). The combination of all those improvements is quite heartening. In addition, various tools have been created or improved. There's lots to do, no doubt, but there's also much to be happy about.

Thanks again.

--- David A. Wheeler

Jim Kingdon

Feb 11, 2023, 1:04:09 PM2/11/23
to meta...@googlegroups.com
Thank you too David for your significant contributions to making this
happen.

And also I'd like to express my appreciation that Norm did so much to
welcome contributions and draw in people who might help. So many formal
math projects never advance beyond the stage of one professor and their
lab, and at least to my way of thinking the way to escape this sort of
trap is to always keep an eye out for the next contributor. I could keep
elaborating on this subject but I'll just leave it at saying that I'm
glad we have the kind of vibrancy and activity that we do and I hope we
keep it and expand it.