help troubleshoot metallb deployment

Pankaj Agarwal

May 20, 2021, 5:58:53 PM5/20/21
to metallb-users
Hi guys,

How to troubleshoot when there's absolutely no error in speaker or controller pod's and the layer2 IP configured in the addresses is not becoming active ?

arping or tcpdump is not showing any data or response.

The interesting thing is i have this exact setup using the same exact Kubernetes manifest deployed in 3 other cluster's and they are working fine. The IP which is /32 block is the only difference from k8s perspective. The host(s) and OS install is supposedly be same but need idea's to find out the real issue here.

thanks for your help and  time.

thanks,

Pankaj

Johannes Liebermann

May 21, 2021, 3:26:56 AM5/21/21
to Pankaj Agarwal, metallb-users
Hi Pankaj,

I would run `kubectl describe svc my-service` and check the Events section to verify MetalLB has selected an active node for this service.
In addition, I would double-check that this isn't a routing problem. Have you tried accessing the configured address from a directly-connected host (that is - from a host which has an interface with an IP address in the same subnet as the service's address)?

Regards,
Johannes

Johannes Liebermann

Kinvolk GmbH | Adalbertstr. 6a, 10999 Berlin | tel: +491755589364
Geschäftsführer/Director: Benjamin Owen Orndorff
Registergericht/Court of registration: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer/Registration number: HRB 171414 B
Ust-ID-Nummer/VAT ID number: DE302207000