How to allow communication from cluster node to virtual IP of metallb?

Frank Seidinger

Oct 3, 2022, 4:23:30 PM10/3/22
to metallb-users
Hey Group,

I have used one of my cluster nodes to additionally host KVM virtual machines. I want to use a cluster loadbalancer service from on of the VM guest. Unfortunately the VM guest cannot connect to the service. NMAP shows the connection/port as filtered.

I already found out through searching the internet, that direct communication from nodes of the cluster to the virtual IP of the load balanced service is forbidden by the iptables rules implemented by k3s/metallb.

But currently I lack the knowledge of altering or configuring the tables or k3s to allow that kind of communication.

I hope someone can help me out here.

Kind regards,

Frank