Beta -> Production

Nat

Oct 29, 2021, 3:04:48 AM10/29/21
to metallb-users
I notice that metallb is still marked as Beta quality. I wonder what it would take more to get it to be more production ready?

Thanks,
Nat

Russell Bryant

Oct 29, 2021, 10:02:52 AM10/29/21
to Nat, metallb-users
Good question.  It's already in production in many places.  I'd support just updating the text on the web site to reflect that.

--
Russell Bryant

Rodrigo Campos

Oct 29, 2021, 10:52:44 AM10/29/21
to Nat, metallb-users
Well, config and some things can use some tunings. But it is a de
facto stable format, due to its usage over time. And we won't break
things in horrible ways, for sure :)
> --

Rodrigo Campos
---
Kinvolk GmbH | Adalbertstr.6a, 10999 Berlin | tel: +491755589364
Geschäftsführer/Directors: Benjamin Owen Orndorff
Registergericht/Court of registration: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer/Registration number: HRB 171414 B
Ust-ID-Nummer/VAT ID number: DE302207000

Russell Bryant

Oct 29, 2021, 11:03:55 AM10/29/21
to Rodrigo Campos, Nat, metallb-users
Yeah, there's always something ...

The change to allow using FRR as the BGP stack is one that's a pretty significant change and important to me for the long term. We weren't going to rip out the existing BGP stack though, or at least not soon.

--
Russell Bryant

Nat

Oct 29, 2021, 11:08:58 AM10/29/21
to metallb-users
It would be nice if you can tag those tasks. If there is anything I can help contribute, I am willing to contribute as well.

Russell Bryant

Oct 29, 2021, 11:12:02 AM10/29/21
to Nat, metallb-users
Help is always welcome and encouraged!  Take a look at open PRs and open issues on github.  We also have some development oriented discussion in #metallb-dev on the kubernetes slack.

--
Russell Bryant