ip-range per namespace

Gergely Tóth

May 18, 2021, 7:56:30 AM5/18/21
to metallb-users
Hello,

Im using metallb with a shared kuberentes cluster.
4 projects share the cluster, all of them has a dedicated namespace.

I already set up the MetalLB with one LB , everything works pretty decent.

I'm afraid, if  other namespaces in the cluster will require a load balancing and external IP address, and MetalLB or the full cluster restarts , the ip adressess mixing up.
It could be a huge issue because the external ip addresses are connected to DNS.

So, my question is how can I pairing ip addresses with namespaces like:

10.20.30.1-10.20.30.15 : Namespace1
10.20.30.16 : Namespace2

Any idea?

Thank you
Regards
Gergely

Johannes Liebermann

May 18, 2021, 8:27:56 AM5/18/21
to Gergely Tóth, metallb-users
Hi Gergely,

There is an open feature request for this: https://github.com/metallb/metallb/issues/383
We don't have an ETA for implementation, however please feel free to propose a design if you'd like to help us speed things up.

Regards,
Johannes

Johannes Liebermann

Kinvolk GmbH | Adalbertstr. 6a, 10999 Berlin | tel: +491755589364
Geschäftsführer/Director: Benjamin Owen Orndorff
Registergericht/Court of registration: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer/Registration number: HRB 171414 B
Ust-ID-Nummer/VAT ID number: DE302207000