Frequent connection refused

Stefan Bethke

Nov 14, 2021, 10:32:49 AM11/14/21
to metall...@googlegroups.com
I'm running metallb (image: quay.io/metallb/controller:v0.11.0) on kubernetes v1.21.5+k3s2 in L2 mode. I have one traefik endpoint running, and it is working, but I frequently get connection refused and no route to host errors. The error condition lasts 5 to 10 seconds, then it works as expected again for many minutes.

arping the endpoint IP during this issue shows timeouts; but even after the ARP entry is back, there are connection refused errors for a couple more seconds.

I think the issue started after upgrading the nodes to Debian 11.

How would I go about debugging this?

Thanks,
Stefan

--