Multiple ip-ranges L2 Config

Thomas Stuempfig

Mar 8, 2022, 3:57:46 AM3/8/22
to metallb-users
Hi all,
i have an on premise kubernetes cluster working fine with metallb for a single adress-range that is in the master and workernodes range of ip adresses. (192.168.0.0/24) My allocated adress-range is: 192.168.0.200-192.168.0.250.

I would like to introduce a 2nd network say 192.168.1.0/24 with an adress-range 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.250
I named the first range intnet, the second extnet

my services using the extnet stay in pending.
services using the intnet get an external ip adress from the intnet as normal.

i searched for a while now in the net and could'nt get a solution.

Can anyone help me here?

I can ping the ip adresses for both netswith in the cluster and from and to outside the cluster. eg. kmaster to knode1 (ip intnet) works, also (ip extnet) does work. Ping works also from knode1 to kmaster (intnet as well as extnet).

Rodrigo Campos

Mar 11, 2022, 10:50:26 AM3/11/22
to Thomas Stuempfig, metallb-users
I'd check the logs for the speaker and controller. My guess is that
the latest config change that added the extnt was not valid, metalLB
logged that and continue with the old config just to keep working.
> --

Rodrigo Campos
---
Kinvolk GmbH | Adalbertstr.6a, 10999 Berlin | tel: +491755589364
Geschäftsführer/Directors: Benjamin Owen Orndorff
Registergericht/Court of registration: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer/Registration number: HRB 171414 B
Ust-ID-Nummer/VAT ID number: DE302207000